Balthazar & Rose is a social enterprise that brings beautiful designs and useful products from the East to the West. Fitting seamlessly into the modern lifestyle, our products bring the ancient wisdom and beauty of simple everyday items with purpose & impact... from Tunisian towels to our skin loving Aleppo soap.
Aleppo Soap (Savon d'Alep)
What makes our soap so special?
- It is crafted by a Syrian Aleppo Soap Master
- It is hand made via the hot method & takes 9 months to dry
- It is pure and made of 4 simple ingredients: olive oil, laurel bay oil, lye, and water (scented bars have fragrance)
- It contains NO parabens or preservatives
- As a Los Angeles based social entrepreneurship, we are honored to engage Homeboy Industries in our packaging
- We are proud to give back a percentage of our proceeds to Syrian refugees via the Jesuit Refugee Service
Tunisian Towels (Foutas)
Fouta: A Mediterranean Accessory
Exquisitely stylish yet highly practical, the lightweight, absorbent fouta dries quickly, resists sand, and rolls up small enough to fit into your bag.
It is a:
- Beach towel
- Bath/Pool towel
- Baby Blanket
- Picnic Blanket
- Travel Accessory
- Indoor/Outdoor Throw
Sea-Inspired Jewlery: Fish of the Mediterranean
These elegant and fanciful sea-inspired necklaces and rings are beautiful, simple accessories that give us that "resort" feeling all year round.
Hand made in Tunisia by local artisans, they come in a variety of cord and eye colors, though the etching on no two fish is alike.